A couple of days ago we'd our neighbors up for supper plus they introduced probably the most fabulous sweet poker chips baked sweet poker chips, I would add. I’d never sampled sweet poker chips so crispy, light and tasty! Two bites in and that i understood I desired the recipe. Thanks Laura, you’re a lifesaver. John finally likes sweet taters in certain form. This really is some type of pre-Christmas miracle.
From curiosity since i have do not have a mandolin, I made these sweet poker chips two ways: I sliced half the batch very finely having a knife (left) and yet another half having a vegetable peeler (right). The outcomes were equally scrumptious, but I have to admit the knife method produced a far more satisfying bite so I’d recommend this within the peeler.
These chips are awesome! So crispy and tasty, and all sorts of they might require is a touch essential olive oil along with a pinch of salt prior to going in to the oven to bake a couple of hrs. That’s the secret – keeping the oven at 250 levels and flipping once throughout the baking tactic to make certain they crisp on each side. It makes sense amazing.
These are a good stand-alone side dish but you might top all of them with black beans, salsa and cheese for many crazy scrumptious nachos. Or you might add these to a sandwich for many serious crunch. Dream large people, the options are endless.
Baked Sweet Poker Chips
Baked sweet poker chips which are incredibly tasty and crispy. Perfect alongside sandwiches, hamburgers, chili and so on.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 organic sweet taters
- 2 Tablespoons of essential olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ocean salt (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 250 levels F and position oven rack in the heart of the oven.
- Rinse and dry your sweet taters completely and slice them as evenly thin as you possibly can. For those who have a mandolin, utilize it. Otherwise, make use of a very sharp knife to obtain these evenly thin. Realize that chips which are too thick in parts will not crisp up completely. Still scrumptious, simply not "nick" crispiness.
- Toss slices in a little essential olive oil to gently coat, then sprinkle with salt. Construct in one layer on the baking sheet and bake for around 2 hrs, flipping chips once at midway indicate ensure even cooking. I additionally rotated mine for additional even cooking (optional but suggested).
- Remove once crisp and golden brown. Some might feel just a little tender in the centre but remove them and allow them to relaxation for ten minutes approximately to crisp up before sampling. Serve immediately.
*Note: Realize that chips which are too thick in certain spots might not crisp up completely. They are still scrumptious, simply not as crispy because the evenly thin chips. It requires practice!
*I suggest organic sweet taters for taste and health reasons, because you don't remove your skin where pesticide sprays can reside.