- 4 large sweet taters, (a couple of 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and crushed
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 8 large chocolate buttons
Pre-heat the oven to 350°. Put the sweet taters inside a medium baking dish and bake until they're soft to the touch, about forty-five minutes to at least one hour.
Once sweet taters awesome to 70 degrees, peel them and put these questions large bowl, mashing well. Stir in brown sugar, nutmeg, egg yolks, vanilla and crushed pecans.
Inside a medium bowl, chuck the ball coconut using the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Press the yams mixture around each marshmallow to produce 8 balls, then roll the balls within the coconut mixture.
Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake until bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.